Sienna Plantation Clinic wins annual ‘Cage the Flu Bug’ vaccination competition
The winner of this year’s “Cage the Flu Bug” competition edged out the runner-up clinic by mere hours – that’s how close this hotly contested annual rivalry was. In the end, Sienna Plantation Clinic claimed victory and the Cage the Flu bug trophy.
To date, Kelsey-Seybold Clinic has achieved an overall flu vaccination rate of 97.1%, and there’s still time for employees who haven’t been vaccinated yet to do so. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates at least 1,300 people have died from the flu so far this season, which is still in its early stage but with widespread flu activity in Texas and 22 other states.
This year, 12 Kelsey-Seybold locations succeeded in vaccinating 100% of their employees:
- Cinco Ranch
- Clear Lake
- Harris County
- Sienna Plantation
- Woodlands OB/GYN
Congratulations to the following “Cage the Flu Bug” winners
- First clinic to vaccinate 100% of employees: Sienna Plantation (runner up: Cinco Ranch)
- First large clinic to vaccinate 100% of employees: Tanglewood
- First mid-size clinic to vaccinate 100% of employees: Clear Lake
- First small clinic to vaccinate 100% of employees: Cinco Ranch
- Most improved vaccination rate: The Woodlands Clinic
- Exceptional effort: Cypress
- Exceptional effort: Pearland
- Most employees vaccinated: Berthelsen Main Campus
Look closely and you’ll see the flu bug behind the beads.
First place winner: Accepting the award for Sienna Plantation is Dawn Smith, R.N., Nurse Supervisor, with Vice President of Operations John Lyle and Mary Ellen Gregory, Manager of Clinical Education.
Large clinic winner: Accepting the award for Tanglewood is Trueneil Carmouche, R.N., Nurse Manager.
Mid-size winner: Accepting the award for Clear Lake is Stacy Austin, R.N., Nurse Supervisor.
Small clinic winner: Accepting the award for Cinco Ranch is Carliss Williams, R.N., Nurse Supervisor.